Our volunteers create innovative roadmaps for social change by prioritizing alignment, positionality, communication, shared values, and cross-sector coordination. Our Board of Directors, the Alumni Council, and Employer Advisory Council are examples of cross-sector advisors driving change and impact.
We deeply value the time of the individuals in each group:
Board of directors
- 100% of our board donates to support the Scholarships that make Fellowship program possible
- And with additional volunteer support, they helped Venture for Canada break down barriers to entrepreneurship by raising over $90,000 in scholarship funding for our 2023 Fellows
- Our board members are representatives from coast to coast and help ensure we have a national perspective of the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- 24 Alumni gave workshops or spoke on panels as relatable experts 2022.
- 34 selected incoming Fellows as Selection Event Judges
- 22 donated to support the Scholarships that make Fellowship accessible.
- And 5 jumped to the other side of the screen, representing VFC's work in asking our community for those donations.
- And 16 gave time, energy, and commitment to shaping the the future of Alumni Programming at VFC as Directors on the Alumni Council.
- And overall, in 2022, the Alumni Community grew to 450.
Employer advisory council
We launched our 2nd Employer Advisory Council (EAC) in 2022.
- The council consists of 13 employers across nine provinces, including two Indigenous organizations, as well as organizations focused on supporting People of Colour in the entrepreneurial community.
- The EAC is committed to innovation and helps VFC to evaluate our ideas, such as new program launches and revenue initiatives.
- This past year, they've helped us with many of our projects, such as ideating for our All Things People Conference, assisting us in evaluating our programs' impact, and helping us think about what the Council should look like moving forward.
- This strategic initiative responds to VFC’s commitment to cross-sector collaboration, user-centric program design, and diverse representation.
- 4 EAC members gave workshops or spoke on panels as relatable experts 2022.